Steph's Pick - Cakepops

Jun 4, 2010



Introducing my new favoritest dessert in the whole-wide-world - CAKEPOPS! Yes - you read that right. Cake - on - a - stick (aka: cakepop)

I met this new treat on the website Bakerella (thanks again Kristina for the introduction) and it was love at first sight. And after making them is was love-at-first-bite (hehehe).

They are the perfect alternative to the celebrations that call for the standard boring cake - birthdays, graduation, anniversaries, etc...

Here's how you do it...


Ingredients:
1 box any cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper
lollipop sticks


Directions:
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Insert a lollipop stick into the balls before you dip in the coating.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
7. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Every time I am on her site, I think of you! Cake pops are DIVINE!! And I bet yours are even better than that! :) Love the new look of the blog... that picture is precious!!

nealy said...

Whoa! You changed it up. I like the new look! :) And yum...those look delish!

Lindsey said...

Oh, I WILL be making these for the upcoming couples shower I'm hosting next weekend. Perfect!

Katie and Bret said...

Love the new look!!! And I love cakepops! I made them for our birthday celebration at school and the kids LOVED them :) Not to mention, I did too!

winda said...

hmm..my childs must be lovin it...!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP