Steph's Pick - a NEW(ish) product

May 15, 2009

Alright - I'll admit it - I have no idea how long these have even been on the market. However, they are new to our household which makes them worthy of being called a NEW(ish) product!
I bought a packet of Ziploc's Zip'n Steam bags awhile back and have just gotten in the habit of using them a couple times a week. Let me tell you - they are the BEST!!!! Seriously - they've made making side vegetables so much easier and healthier. I'm a huge advocate of cooking a main dish and having a couple of sides (veggie and starch generally). Now there's nothing that specifically says I have to do this - it's just something I do. Although cooking veggies (and starches for that matter) other ways (boiling, broiling, baking, grilling, etc) is not all that time consuming, the Zip'n Steam bags have cut the time in half in some cases, which for a busy woman is so helpful.
For example - the other day I put a bunch of broccoli florets in a bag - consulted the outside of the bag for how long I needed to cook them - 5 minutes - stuck them in the microwave - did a couple other things while they were cooking - and BAM! (as Emeril would say) - they were done. Cooked to perfection and sooooo good!!!
I would strongly suggest picking up just one pack today. Try it out! I guarantee, you won't regret it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP