Steph's Pick | Chili

Dec 9, 2011

It's FINALLY cold enough outside to make soup - HOORAY!! (And by "cold enough" I mean it's under 60 degrees in the evenings).


I busted out my tested and true Chili recipe last weekend and was reminded that I don't think I've shared it with you all.

The recipe was given to me by a dear friend, Becky L, who sadly doesn't blog (if she did I'd be referencing her yummy cooking and wise parenting advice lots).

If you're in the market for a new chili recipe... this is certainly worth it! Super yummy. Our "go to" for sure!

Becky's Chili

Ingredients ::
1.5 lb ground beef
1 onion (chopped)
1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
1-14 oz can diced tomatoes
2-3 small cans tomato sauce
1 cup red wine
2-3 cans kidney beans, drained, keep 1/2 cup juice
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 bay leaf
1-2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp cumin
1-4 oz can mushrooms

Directions ::
Brown meat and onion in large pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce, simmer for 2+ hours.

Optional Toppings Include ::cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions and Frito's :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP