Mommy SOS UPDATE: Switching to Milk

Jul 26, 2010


Thanks to everyone who gave their suggestions on my previous Mommy SOS post on how to switch Nora from formula/bottle to milk/sippy cup. Your insight was really helpful. It's so nice to be able to glean wisdom from other moms who have "been there."

So....because I know I'll totally forget how we did this I thought I'd document it so you all (and by "you all" I secretly include myself in that group of people) can come back to this post for my experience in written form. I've been amazed just how much I can forget. For example - my cousin who just had the most precious little baby boy was asking me what nursing pads I used and honestly I could not remember for the life of me. What I do
remember is asking a TON of people which one's they preferred at the time and really laboring over finding the "right" nursing pad :) Hehe....how raising a child changes your ability to remember anything.

I digress....

Switching to milk....

Once given the "green light" from our pediatrician to start Nora on whole milk I decided I'd substitute one bottle every other day for a sippy cup of warm (yes - Nora likes her milk warm
too Kristina!). She was taking 4 bottles/day at the time. It looked like this....

Day One and Two -
1st Feeding - Formula
2nd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
3rd Feeding - Formula
4th Feeding - Formula

Day Three and Four -
1st Feeding - Formula
2nd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
3rd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
4th Feeding - Formula

Day Five and Six -
1st Feeding - Milk in Sippy
2nd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
3rd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
4th Feeding - Formula


Day Seven -
1st Feeding - Milk in Sippy
2nd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
3rd Feeding - Milk in Sippy
4th Feeding - Milk in Sippy

After a transition week we're totally done with bottles and formula - yipee!!!! Oh - and BTW
- we're using Horizon Organic Whole Milk (for anyone who might be interested)

And a post just wouldn't be the same without a picture of this little one...

3 comments:

~A~ said...

It's so nice to be finished with bottles and formula!
Here's a tip that I learned from a wise Mommy when my youngest switched to milk... A friend at church noticed a rash on our daughter and pointed it out. We had assumed it was a heat rash (we're in Phx too) but she said it could be from the milk. We switched her to soy and the rash disappeared. We waited a year to try milk again and that time - no allergy!
All that to say... Keep an eye out for a rash that may appear to be a heat rash.

nick&abby said...

yay little chicken! no more bottles! :) it's like a sigh of relief, isn't it?? :)
love love love you!!

online pharmacy store said...

This post is a great resource for so many blog things. Thanks for the info.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP