Steph's Pick | Apple Dumplings

Mar 4, 2011

I have a confession. It hasn't even been 24 hours since I first laid my eyes (and tummy) on these things. I had every intention of keeping this recipe in my "Steph's Pick" idea's mental list but it was just TOO good to not share with you immediately!


Leave it to Ree, the Pioneer Woman, these little pieces of apple-heaven are delightful. The combination of the crispy crescent rolls, apples and the key ingredient - Mt. Dew - make these treats irresistible. So yummy....


Ingredients
2 whole Granny Smith Apples, Cored and Peeled
2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 can Mt. Dew
Ground Cinnamon

Directions
Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9/13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mt. Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.



******

More photos and videos to come of our time in CA. If you didn't get a chance to see the video of Nora I posted earlier this week it' s a MUST view. Click here to see Spinning in California.

7 comments:

B + A said...

I've totally made something like this with Mt Dew a long time ago!!! So yummy! Forgot about them...will have to make them again :)

Brittany said...

These were awesome! I mean, absolutely amazing.... :)

nick&abby said...

YUM...I may just be making these this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

this is what i brought you when you had nora! :)

alan and steph said...

Kristina - really? I still obviously didn't have it all together when you brought them. I can't remember that at all. So sorry!

Kiley said...

YUM!!! I love a good dessert recipe, and anything with crescent rolls you know will be good. :) btw, I have made a lot of your recipes - the crock pot salsa chicken one with cream cheese, pumpkin cupcakes... add this one to the list!

Sharla said...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about these since you made them for us Friday night. They were that good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP