Steph's Pick | DIY Instant Oatmeal

Feb 18, 2011

One of my most favorite (and thoughtful) gifts someone sent us after having Nora were little packets of home-made instant oatmeal my friend Michelle S sent.


As many of you know, one of the best ways to bless a new mom is to bring food. That's easy when you live in the same city. Well, Michelle lives in Iowa. So that always makes it a little difficult, right?! Rather than throw in the towel she mixed up her own instant oatmeal recipe, divided it in single serving (snack size Ziploc baggies) portions and shipped it to AZ. How fun, right?! AND delicious!

Ever since this little snail mail delight I have been making my own instant oatmeal and trying new ways to perfect my creations.

Fast forward to present day. I was over at another friends home (Jennifer R - this is where I'd give you a blog shout out :)) and she had made me some oatmeal. It was PERFECT! Ladies (and gents) - I've found THE WAY to make DIY Instant Oatmeal!!!! So yummy.... I just had to share it with ya'll.

Here are the two "secret" ingredients....

Drum roll please....















Why are these so special? Let me tell you.

The Almond milk is a perfect way to add just a little bit of sweetness AND there are some people that say that almond milk is actually better for you than cow's milk. I'll take it!

And lastly - Sun Maid Fruit Bits. This little package of goodness is a perfect find for this mama. With two different kinds of raisins, dried apple bits, dried cranberries and dried apricot bits it's perfect for oatmeal.

Now you didn't think I'd leave you without the recipe. Here you are...

Steph/Jennifer's DIY Instant Oatmeal
1 serving

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Instant Oats
1 cup Almond Milk
Handful of Fruit Bits
Nuts (optional)
Brown Sugar (to your liking)
Cinnamon (again - to your liking)

Directions:
Combine oats, almond milk, fruit bits and nuts. Microwave (covered) for 1 minute. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww...thanks for the shout out!! So glad you enjoyed it!! Let's have an oatmeal date again real soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP