Steph's Pick | Green Salad with Apple, Feta, Pecans and Balsamic Dressing

Jan 14, 2011

I'm always on the look-out for new salad recipes to try. I know, I know... I can easily just make something up on my own....greens, cheese, nuts, dressing and fruit...but for some reason I always feel more confident in a recipe rather than my own ability to create something.


So thanks to PW's Tasty Kitchen (and Twinks - recipe sharer) I tried this INCREDIBLE salad this week and LOVED it.

Here it is all for all of you salad lovers out there...

Green Salad with Apple, Feta, Pecans and Balsamic Dressing

Ingredients:
FOR THE SUGARED PECANS:
1/2 cups pecan pieces
2 Tbsp sugar
___
FOR THE SALAD:
Baby Spinach
1 head romaine lettuce, torn
1 whole granny smith apple, cored and very thinly sliced
4 ounces crumbled feta
____
FOR THE DRESSING:
1/2 cups red onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:
Place nuts in a medium skillet with 2 tbsp sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until nuts are coated and brown, stirring constantly (about 5 min); set aside.
Toss salad greens, apples and cheese.
Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and blend well. Pour over salad just before serving.
Sprinkle with candied nuts.


3 comments:

B + A said...

How do you keep the apples from turning brown?? :) I know, soak them in lemon juice, but then they taste like dining service :) Share your secret...

Sharla said...

This salad is delicious!!!!

Damara said...

This looks delicious--I want to go make one now! I'm pregnant too and (in addition to some less good nibbles) have been loving salads.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP