Mar 26, 2010
Remember this post? Probably not.... that was back in May of 2008. I can't imagine that anyone was reading our blog at that time :)
Since receiving our panini grill (which happens to be on sale!) as a gift, we've used it countless times. It's been an awesome appliance to have around the kitchen. And for those of you questioning this statement - we have a very small kitchen and don't have a ton of storage space, but I'd gladly make space for our panini grill. It makes for very easy lunches, dinners, desserts and we've even used it for "Make your own Panini Parties" (so fun btw!!!).
The following Panini recipes came from my friend, Michelle, who has yet to enter the blogging community so I've taken it upon myself to post all of her delicious treats on our blog :)
8 slices prosciutto ham
1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
1/4 cup thinly diced scallions
4 tbsp. butter
8 slices sourdough bread
1. melt butter and stir in chopped scallions. spread onto bread
2. layer prosciutto, brie slices and apple slices onto bread
3. grill in a panini grill or saute in a pan for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Slider Panini (serves 2)
4-6 slices good grade roast beef deli meat
2 portobello mushroom caps- sliced
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 sweet onion - sliced
1/3 cup blue cheese
4 slices sourdough bread
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1. saute the onions with 1 tbsp olive oil on low-med heat for 15-20 minutes, until oinions are caramel color
2. saute the mushrooms with garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil for 5 minutes
3. spread butter on outside of bread, top with roast beef, mushroom mixture, onions and blue cheese. grill in panini press or in a saute pan for 4-5 minutes.