a mother's day recap

May 10, 2010

o all of my wonderful mommy readers, thank you for making being a mom so much more fun... Thank you for all of the advice, encouragement and virtual shoulders to cry on.

This Mother's Day was so special as it was my 1st Mother's Day as a Mom! Alan and Nora pampered me far more than they should have and made yesterday so special (and relaxing!). I felt so loved and honored all day long.

First on a more thoughtful note - throughout the day I was reminded of how great the task of being a mother is. I love how Sally Clarkson says it in her book, The Mission of Motherhood:

"The mission of motherhood is the same now as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to develop a heart for God and His purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully."

Thanks Nealy for this quote :)

And how about a few pictures to recap the day? First we headed to this place... LOVE it!

And spent an hour or so looking at this view :)

Then filling my tummy with this goodness (remember this post - we go here often)...

And finally my favorite little girl (and man) joined me at the pool...

xoxoxo
{Love to Alan & Nora for making Mother's Day soooo special}

1 comments:

nealy said...

oooh the pool looks amazing. and girl, you are tan!!!

happy m-day! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP