Steph's Pick - Rainbow Cake

Jan 29, 2010

How fun is this!!! Aren't these colorful pictures drool-worthy? When I first saw this cake tutorial on Hostess of the Mostess (my favorite blog!) I knew I had to try it. I kept thinking of all of the fun ways I could use it.
Well - use it I did. One of my dear friends' birthday was this past Wednesday and I was having her over to celebrate (Happy Bday Laura!). I wanted a fun and easy cake recipe. Enter - Rainbow Cupcakes. Yes - I said cupcakes! Although these pictures are of a cake I thought I'd do cupcakes instead. And let me tell you - they turned out great!

Ingredients:
White Cake Mix (and ingredients noted on back of box)
Food Coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting

Directions:
This is so easy..... Make white cake according to directions on box. Divide evenly in small bowls (# of bowls determined by the number of colors you're making). Add food coloring to bowls and stir well. Layer in cake pan/cupcake pans one blob at a time :) Bake according to box instructions. Cool. Frost. Easy-peasy, huh?





3 comments:

nick&abby said...

ooh! so fun...I'm totally doing this!

Katie and Bret said...

Super cute!!!! This may be a school cooking project :)

Nate and Natalie said...

Awesome! Thanks for the great idea, I will have to for sure make these sometime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP