Steph's Pick - the Miracle Blanket

Sep 24, 2009

I've always loved my sleep. Although I am a morning person and some might argue that "morning people" can't possibly love sleep, I really do, especially now, dream of getting more sleep. However, gone are the days of naps in the middle of the afternoon and going to sleep at 9:00 pm and waking up at 8 am.

Upon Nora's entrance into the world my entire life was flipped upside down in many ways. One of the major ways was the amount of sleep I was getting. Like many new mom's I was anxious to hear any advice about how I could get Nora to sleep through the night. One of the specific suggestions I took was to swaddle her from day 1. This worked great the first few weeks when she slept so much and so soundly. But the minute she got a mind of her own and started fighting with our swaddle jobs we knew we needed a better remedy. I tried a bunch of the swaddle's from Target and Babies "R" Us but none of them did the trick. She might sleep well one night but the next we'd awaken to her grunts and crys as she escaped the swaddle and was hitting herself in the head.


Enter Miracle Blanket. Some might remember
when we ordered it. Call it a fluke or not - but the first day we used this thing our little princess slept from 10:00 pm (dream-feed) to 6:30 am. I couldn't believe it!! Alan awoke that morning and said (and I quote) "It really is a miracle!"

So here's to sleeping past 3 am and a $30 miracle!


4 comments:

jamie said...

sweet steph! glad it's working!

The Massons said...

swaddling renae was the key for us too. we just used this stretchy blanket you can get at target. jesse was the ultimate swaddler as he could wrap her up REALLY tight. we plan on doing the same with baby boy masson too. hope it works! :)

Anonymous said...

Steph, you're hilarious! :)

Lynette said...

I've used the miracle blanket for both of my girls and plan to make good use of it for my little boy. It worked wonderfully for my little ones too!

By the way, I'm really enjoying your blog. What a blessing to see how you are making a lovely home for your husband and little one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP