Steph's Pick - a Magazine

Aug 21, 2009

Alright, I have to admit - I haven't really cooked much of anything for the past 6 weeks (thanks to my friends and family who have brought food over). However, before having Nora, I tried my best to cook at least 5 home-cooked meals a week. I realize some people just don't enjoy cooking, but cooking is a bit of an outlet for me. I love trying new recipes and seeing what works and what doesn't. It's so much fun.
One of my favorite magazines is Cooking Light. There's nothing like opening my mailbox to find this magazine just waiting for me. Upon receiving it, Alan can count me out of any quality conversation, as I'll spend an hour or so just dreaming of all of the great meals I might try.
If you're looking for a new mailbox "treat" - try Cooking Light! I'm serious when I say - close to 100% of the recipes I've tried in the magazine are AWESOME.

Tip: Rather than keep all of these magazines around our home, while going through this magazine I rip out the recipes I'd like to try some day and file them for future use. That way once I sit down to make my menu for the week, I can go through these recipes and decide which one's I will use throughout the week.

3 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

Before kids I did the same thing! I still love that mag! Now I just have to remember to use all of the great stuff I learned from it!

jamie said...

i do the same thing!!! :) i like bon appetit also

nick&abby said...

my absolute favorite...I might as well throw my other cookbooks away :)
I think someone gave you that cookbook too...hm..... ;)
haha....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP