Steph's Pick - Wall Words

Jun 13, 2008

I'm always on the lookout for great art for our home; however, as many of you know, art can be quite expensive. We're just not at a place where we can spend a ton of money on one piece of artwork (maybe someday). Until then, I've come up with a way to create inexpensive art for our bare walls - Wall Words!
Above you'll find various idea's I found online. Personally I have put the quote "Truth, like cream, always rises to the top" (with a traced coffee cup) on our kitchen wall. I'm also currently looking to incorporate a couple new quotes throughout our home. You can obviously adapt the text, font, size, etc for your own space but I thought I'd at least give you an idea of how you might be able to incorporate this great project in your home.
There are various ways to create Wall Words. The way I do it is below (and is probably the cheapest way to do it); however, there are a couple of websites I've found that you can order the supplies from. Wise Decor and Wall Words.

Here's how I do it:
1) Choose quote/words that you'd like to use
2) Measure space and determine what size you'd like your Wall Words to be
3) Create Wall Words on computer and print out on regular paper (this may take numerous sheets depending on the size)
4) Center & Tape printed off sheets of paper to the wall
5) Use Carbon Paper behind paper to trace words on wall (I usually use a pen with the cap on to trace). You can use the same piece of carbon paper for most of the project. Always check to make sure that everything is being copied onto the wall.
6) Free-hand the quote on the wall by following the traced-carbon copied letters. [Note: Make sure to start on the top left side (right handed people) or right side (left-handed people) so as to not smudge anything while painting]

(To get a closer look at the examples above, click on the photo and it will open a larger image)

7 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

Hey steph!! I was reading your blog and I have some words on my walls in my house :) I got them from Uppercase Living. A woman from school had a party and I ordered a few things. The words come on this special paper and all you have to do is rub the sayings onto the wall and then peel back the paper. It was super easy. You can customize anything you want. It was cool and I thought you would like that info!!

Anonymous said...

Hey steph!! I was reading your blog and I have some words on my walls in my house :) I got them from Uppercase Living. A woman from school had a party and I ordered a few things. The words come on this special paper and all you have to do is rub the sayings onto the wall and then peel back the paper. It was super easy. You can customize anything you want. It was cool and I thought you would like that info!!

greg & amy said...

This is what I feel like writing in big letters on my wall right now....

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

nealy said...

Thanks for the idea!

You should post the pictures of your Wall Words! I'd love to see them.

Caitlin said...

Hey, I just came across your blog through Steph V's & thought I'd add a site for ya. Etsy.com has anything and everything handmade you can think of - including the wall vinyls. (They also have lots of art & prints & clothes...) Careful though, it's addicting!
Caitlin

Christy said...

I've always wanted to order wall words, but haven't wanted to spend the $$$. Thanks for the do-it-yourself inspiration. I have done it! And tagged you on our blog to give you the credit. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP