we laugh in this home

Oct 4, 2011

When your children leave the home, what words do you want them to use to describe your home?


I've been thinking a ton about this lately.

As we mentioned in Elsie's Dedication Blessing - two of the things that we certainly (with no exception) want our home to be marked by are 1) a passionate love for Jesus and 2) an unquenchable love and concern for others.

Those are non-negotiables.

But one other thing I was reminded of the other day during bath time was the importance of laughter in our home.

Nora reminded me of the great gift of laughter just the other day.

It was nearing the end of her bath time when Nora asked me to spray her mouth with our diaper sprayer. (yes - I did say diaper sprayer - stick with me). Now I have no idea what even made this simple action so hilarious but after fulfilling her request, we both immediately died laughing.

Now I'm not talking my child is being silly so I'll laugh with her type of laughing. I'm talking full on belly laughs that result in tears of joy and the hiccups. For BOTH of us. It lasted for a good 5 minutes and then it was over.

While putting Nora to bed that night I said a prayer to the God who created laughter. I thanked Him for the moment just a few minutes prior when my sweet little Nora and I were laughing with one another, and asked that He would bless us with 100+ more moments just like it in the coming years.

You see, there is something special about laughter. It may seem cliche but Laughter really is the BEST medicine.

My prayer going forward is that our home would be full of laughter. And not just your every day kind of chuckles but the laughter where tears are running down our cheeks and we're helping one another try and get rid of our hiccups.

*************
And just in case you need a little chuckle yourself (don't we all?) - check out Elsie's face in the following picture... she must have gotten the memo! :)

Love my girls!

3 comments:

Lori said...

and when they leave for college you get texts like this "I miss you and your contagious laughter at stupid things." From my freshman at college :D.

nick&abby said...

oh my word, those laughs are THE BEST! Glad you're having them in the midst of your busy week!! :) Give those girls squeezes for me!

Anonymous said...

i want to clean your daughters lovelypussy with my tongue, mine loved having hers licked as a baby and i gave her many orgasms as she did for me, a little formula on the tip of mydick, hold it to her mouth and she sucked daddy much better than mommy ever did, she is 24 now and we still fucksometimes, wifey has no idea some days when i leave for work i am actually going to her place tofuck all day and she still loves to suck me off

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP