Aug 12, 2011
Ever since Nora started eating solid foods it seems as if my diaper bag has become more of a snack bag. And I'm not saying that I just stick a large container of puffs in the diaper bag and call it good. I'm talking lots of different kinds of snacks!
- Nuts - pistachios, pecans, etc. Note: be sure to take special note of the child's age and allergy recommendations for this snack. We buy the large bag of de-shelled pistachios from Costco and it's great.
- Fruit Leathers/ Cliff Fruit Twists
- Frozen Fruit - I love this - especially for the summer. Stick grapes, berries and melon in the freezer in little baggies. Grab one before heading out the door to be used later for a cool refreshing snack.
- Cheese - string cheese, sticks of cheddar cheese, etc.
- Apple Slices - My new favorite thing is the pre-sliced apples from Costco. They last forever and require no prep work. Very easy for an on the go snack.
- Frozen Go-Gurt - Freeze gogurt like a Popsicle.
- Dried Fruit - raisins, cranberries, cherries...you name a fruit and I'm sure you can get it dried (or DIY if you're super motivated).
- Veggies Sticks - Alright... I'll admit. These aren't the most healthy things in the world but Nora just loves them. You can buy them in a uber-large bag at Costco.
- Mini Peppers - Nikki says they sell them at Costco (totally going to have to try this).
- Puffs/Cheerios - a staple for lots of moms.