Steph's Pick - Spinach Strawberry Salad

Oct 8, 2009

Nearly four and a half years ago I was married into a family of great cooks. And with its many privileges came this incredible salad recipe! I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't shared it yet on this blog. I thought for sure I had posted it - but nope (I checked)! So thanks Ardyce and Sara for expanding my salad recipe collection and adding this delectable recipe to it. (****please also see note at the end of this post)

Spinach Strawberry Salad
1 bag of romaine lettuce
1 bag of baby spinach
1 large container of sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cup (8-10 oz) toasted pecans
1 large package Monterey Jack Cheese

Dressing:
1/3 cup Raspberry Vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. Grey Poupon Mustard
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Tbps. poppy seeds
1 cup olive oil

Directions:
Whisk all dressing ingredients together except olive oil. Whisk olive oil in last and refrigerate.
Mix salad ingredients together and toss dressing in to taste.

**** On another note. Recently I've had a couple of readers/friends come "out of the woodwork" and tell me how much they enjoy our blog. Now here's the deal - I honestly think that I write these posts mostly for my own entertainment :) However, I realize there may actually be some people out there that enjoy the things I post about (even if you don't comment about it). So for those of you who regularly read The Flies Blend, I need your help! I'm curious what you like to read about..... recipes, crafts, Alan's Two Cents, Nora, product reviews, etc.???? So... I've created a poll on the sidebar (just to help me in coming up with more idea's). So vote now!

1 comments:

jamie said...

steph this is hilarious- i was just going to email you and see if you had a good salad recipe.. because i need to make one tomorrow for a family dinner! so i'm going to make this one.. sweet!
thanks
jk

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP