Steph's Pick - Double Duty Decor

Oct 16, 2009

For all you Real Simple readers out there - Don't you just love the section they have on Double-Duty Household Items?! In this section of the magazine they show you different ways to use things you have around your home. For example one of the most recent issues highlighted using petroleum jelly on the inside of a nailpolish cap so it doesn't glue itself to the bottle. I think the ideas they come up with are super creative.
As I've said multiple times, I'm always looking for inexpensive ways to redecorate our place. One of the Double-Duty things that I have done is use what are supposed to be door mats for wall decoration. The above photo is a perfect example. I found this rubber door mat in one of the clearance sections in Target for $3 and have used it in multiple places throughout our home. Right now it sits on our fireplace mantle. What I love most about it (not to mention that it was cheap) is that at first glance you don't even think that it looks like a door mat. Most friends have said they just assumed it was an art piece :)
Do any of you have other double duty decor ideas?

1 comments:

Lisa Kolp said...

Oh my gosh that is so great! It looks like wrought iron. Can't get over how creative you are...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP