Steph's Pick - a Pregnancy Tip

Jun 5, 2009

Now I fully realize that I'm not yet through with this pregnancy thing but I have learned a couple of important tips over the past 35 weeks.
One of them came a couple weeks back when I started waking up every morning with severe leg cramps. Now this is a standard third trimester pregnancy symptom. I figured I would just have to live with it over the next few months, but after a conversation with a friend (thanks Joy!) she suggested despite the strangeness of the suggestion, she had heard that putting a bar of soap under the fitted sheet at the end of the your bed can help prevent these cramps.
So - because I was so desperate, I tried it. (don't laugh - you'd do it as well if this happened to you every nigtht!) And it worked!!!! I couldn't believe it so I obviously kept the bar of soap at the bottom of my bed just praying it would continue to pry off this horrible intruder.
A couple of weeks passed with no cramping and we made our way to Omaha for my brother's wedding (more pictures to come later). I forgot about this lovely tip and believe it or not, I woke up that first morning in the hotel room with crazy cramping again!! I couldn't believe that this wise tale actually seemed to work on me.
Needless to say, we're currently in Minneapolis staying with Alan's family and one of the first things I asked my mother in law upon arriving at her place was where her extra bar soap was :) I just hope I can remember to remove it when we leave on Sunday.
I'm not much of a believer in things like this but wanted to at least share this story for those of you who may also be experiencing the same thing.

2 comments:

Janel said...

That is CRAZY! I had never heard of that one! So awesome that it worked! Have you heard any wive's tales for the sciatic nerve pain (that shooting pain down the back of the hip/leg) that comes during pregnancy? Let me know if you do!

nealy said...

I've heard that, it does sound crazy, I can't believe it works!!!! Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP