Steph's Pick - My GoodReads

Mar 9, 2009

Amidst all of the busyness in our lives I've gotten a chance to read some great books and thought it was time to bring back another "Steph's Goodreads" list. In no particular order...

1. The Real Deal Guide to Pregnancy by Erika Lenkert. Hilarious pregnancy book! I just can't get enough of reading it. Although maybe not the most exhaustive in its information, it's a light-hearted read for any woman going through the fantastic 40-ish weeks called "pregnancy."
2. Escape by Carolyn Jessup. Although quite disturbing, this is one of the most interesting books I've read in awhile. It's Carolyn's personal and touching story of escaping the FLDS radical sect.
3. Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Some might disagree with the fact that I'm even reading these teenybopper, vampire sucking tales but as much as I hate to admit it, they're pretty good!
4. The Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. Alright, I'll admit it, I have yet to even read this book - but it would be Alan's top pick if he were doing an "Alan's Goodreads." It's on my list of books to read and I'm really hoping to get to it sooner than later.
5. Deliver This by Marisa Cohen. Again, another very informative pregnancy book on the deliver options available. Not only does it give a closer glimpse into all techniques, it also dives into why the author suggests women choose the option they do. Super intriguing.

As the sun becomes warmer in AZ I'm sure I'll have another Goodreads list in a couple of months as one of my favorite things to do in the summer is to sit by the pool with an ice-cold margarita (this summer my drink of choice will be water) and a good book in hand. Cheers to great-reads!

3 comments:

Nate and Natalie said...

I loved Twilight! Did you like it?However, I did love New Moon more and just about to read Eclipse.

The Massons said...

i loved the girlfriend's guide to pregnancy. so funny. i wasn't really into the books on HOW to labor etc because i knew i had no pain tolerance and i would be getting an epidural. and speaking of, i had a GREAT experience with that. :) but there is cult of radically future mommies out there . . . beware. they will eat you alive. :)

nick&abby said...

yup! I read the whole Twilight series in 4 weeks! :) The last one I finished while I was up at night nursing Adelyn :) talk about multitasking, right?? :) :) Can't wait to see you in April!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP