The Race of All Races

Apr 14, 2008

One of our worship leaders at church hit on an idea just last night that I wanted to share in our blog.
As those of you who live in AZ know, come the end of April each year, AZ hosts an annual Ironman Triathalon competition. Although most of us wouldn't even consider participating in this event, we are familiar with it mostly b/c of the traffic problem it causes. Closing down highways in the large metropolitan city of Phoenix is not always the easiest thing - Imagine that.
Regardless, imagine the determination and drive it must take for an athlete to compete in this event. 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking and to top it off - 26.2 miles of running!!!!! One has to be very disciplined and serious about his/her sport to even sign-up for an event such as the Ironman.
Now - what does this have to do with me you may be asking? Well - as I thought about these athletes and their commitment to excellence in participating in the Ironman, I had to think about my own personal commitment to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. These athletes model for me what my own life should look like as I move towards glory. Just as they awake every day and work their schedules around training for this sporting event, I should also awake and make every effort to make my day one that brings glory to my Creator and ultimately prepares me for the one of the most significant days of my life - when I'll see my Jesus face to face.

I pray that as we walk each day in the power of the Holy Spirit, we might complete this great race of life with incredible fervor and that in the end, our God would be pleased with His servants.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP