Steph's Pick | Southwestern Sausage Quiche

Sep 23, 2011

I don't like eggs.


Not one bit.

I don't like them scrambled. Or fried. Or sunny side up. Or sunny side down (is there is such a thing). And I certainly don't like them in a casserole or quiche.

That is until yesterday.

You see I was the last person to sign up to bring food for MOPS and of course the only two items left were two egg dishes. Hehe. I had to chuckle that I'd be making my very first egg dishes for other people.

Turns out one of them was pretty decent. It was actually quite delicious (if I do say so myself).

A Southwestern Sausage Quiche. I just might be turning over a new leaf.

Southwestern Sausage Quiche

Ingredients:
1/2 lb sausage
2 eggs
1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro*Tel), Drained
1 whole unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shell

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large skillet, cook sausage until well browned. Drain off grease and set aside. Whisk together eggs, ranch dressing, sour cream and milk. Add sausage, cheese and Ro*Tel. Stir to combine. Pour egg mixture into prepared pie crust.
Bake 1 hour. Allow quiche to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

nick&abby said...

yay for new leafs! :)

Lauren said...

I think I might make this for our MOPS! Do you think I could prepare the quiche, stick in the fridge overnight, and bake it in the morning?

Leverage the Zine said...

Thank yyou for this

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP