How to "Host" a Baby Shower by Mail

Jun 26, 2011


One of life's happiest occasions is a baby shower! But what if she lives in ________ (and you don't)? You can still celebrate by instilling the spirit of a shower into a thoughtful care package -- a shower (by mail).



This is exactly what I just finished planning for my dear friend Jess. And let me tell you - it was soooo much fun!



You see Jess and her hubby, Nate, live in California (aka: too far away from me if you ask me). So when I first heard they were expecting a baby in August my wheels started turning about how I could host a shower for Jess. You know how much I love throwing a shower?



But reality sank in fast ...I had forgotten (oops!)...I was also expecting a baby BEFORE Jess. There was just no way I would be able to make the trip to CA to host an in-person shower for her. Grr... I was totally bummed. But Dr. Google pulled through again. I started researching baby-shower-at-a-distance ideas and decided on a Baby Shower by Mail!



Let me tell you ladies... it was perfect! The ladies who participated loved it. I loved it. And most importantly Jess loved it.



So for those of you interested in knowing how to host a Baby Shower by Mail - here's my step by step guide to doing just that!



**************************



How to "Host" a Baby Shower by Mail



1) Start a Facebook Event.
Isn't Facebook wonderful?! When planning this event I knew there was no way I wanted to manage it all via email - so a Facebook event it was. Here are the things to include in the "More Info" portion of the event:


- Note if it's a surprise or not.

- Date that gifts need to be mailed to you by.

- Mailing address for gifts.


- Wrapping specifics. (I'll discuss this more below)


- Note for guests to keep in mind that all gifts will be mailed together so it's important they buy smaller gifts (if at all possible).


- Registry info.


- Invite guests to invite additional guests who might also be interested in participating. Hey - no one is FB friends with everyone, right?!


- Ask guests to RSVP via the FB Event so you know who to expect gifts from.



2) Collect Gifts.
As gifts came in I kept all of them in one place and was sure to make a note of who sent what. That way it wasn't too overwhelming when it came time to put everything together.



3) Receipt Envelope -
I wanted to be sure Jess had all of her gift receipts in one place so as the gifts came in I started a receipt envelope which I included in the Baby Shower package that was sent to Jess.



4) Wrap and Package up Gifts.
I decided I wanted the package to look uniform (and cute of course) so I asked all of the "attendees" to not worry about wrapping the gifts as I would wrap them all once they arrived. I chose a couple different colors of wrapping paper and spent an evening (or two) wrapping all of the gifts that came in. I then packaged them in a large box and prepared the box for shipping.



5) Include a few fun/random items.
I decided it wasn't a shower w/o some sort of sweet baked good. Now shipping a cake or cake pops is nearly impossible so I wrapped up a cake mix and frosting. Include your own fun random items in your shipment. The expecting mother will really appreciate the extra touches.



6) Ship it.


**************************


And that's it!! It's easy-peasy and a great way to really bless the expecting parents.



Thanks so much to all of you ladies who participated in Jess's shower - she LOVED it.



And this post just wouldn't be complete without a picture of the guest of honor after receiving her Surprise shipment :)


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've surprised me again with your creative geniusness (is that a word?)! love the idea... what a sweet friend you are to do that!

B + A said...

awww...such a great idea! You rock and I bet Jess loved it!!!

Katie and Bret said...

You are seriously the most thoughtful person I know!!

Unknown said...

It's true Bluehost is the industry leading hosting provide and they are best For wordpress Hosting,
BlueHost Basic Plan Discount – $3.49/mo* for first contract
No coupon or promotion code needed – Just purchase via our promo link (see below) and you’ll get an extra 55% discount from your first BlueHost bill.
BlueHost WEb Hosting Discount

stevenjared0853 said...

I loved reading all this. You have shared quite a nice inspiration. My sister is also expecting twins but I would be able to host a funky baby shower for her as she is visiting us soon. I would be reserving one of the best party Venues in San Francisco.

Egyptian Eyes said...

That was nice!

Unknown said...

A shower by mail is an invitation to send a gift & it's uncouth. My niece is throwing one for HERSELF! I'm all for facetime, Zoom or any other electronic means for people to celebrate WITH the mother-to-be but without actually being in the same location. But "by mail" is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.

Ricky said...

Thanks a lot . Yes, this is actually the same article I was looking for many days. Turkey visa application is a simple online way of applying for a Turkey visa. Turkey e visa is a legalized visa which is connected to the person’s passport.





Turkish visa requirements said...

Greetings to each one, it’s really a particular for me to visit this website page, it comprises helpful Information. Travelers who are planning to visit Turkey. It is important for them to be aware of the Turkish visa requirements to avoid an inconvenience during the visa application process.

Turkish Visit Visa said...

It was a pleasure reading your article. I hope you will write more articles like this in the future. A Turkish Visit Visa is an easy process. It's saved your time and money as well.

Davis Scott said...

Thanks for sharing this post. How to apply for the Kenya visa from UK? All U.S. passport holders should fulfill certain eligibility criteria for applying for a Kenya visa.

Record Tourist Season Anticipated in Croatia After Schengen Membership said...

We value the information you gave. Thank you for providing this information. Record Tourist Season Anticipated in Croatia After Schengen Membership. A record tourist season is anticipated as travelers from across the globe can now explore Croatia seamlessly, thanks to the benefits of Schengen membership.

Henry Evelyn said...

Thank you for sharing with all of us and for your invaluable contribution to improvement. Fantastic news for travelers who have received their shots! East Timorese travelers! Planned developments for India? India Visa for East Timor Citizens. You may apply for an e-Visa online, which is good news. The process is simple whether it's for travel, business, or medical needs. Just make sure your passport has a current photo and six months of validity. Prepare yourself for an Indian adventure!

Henry Evelyn said...

Your help has been absolutely invaluable to us and has been quite helpful. We value the knowledge and ideas you have shared with us. Kalimera, Greek explorers! Dreaming of India? India Visa for Greece Citizens. You can easily apply for an e-Visa online. Whether for tourism, business, or medical purposes, this digital visa process is hassle-free. Just ensure your passport has six months' validity, a recent photo, and a payment method for the processing fee. Get ready for an unforgettable Indian adventure!

charlotteava said...

Hello there! Your content captures my interest and offers valuable insights. Looking forward to more great content from you in the future! Obtaining an Egypt visa for Romania citizens is essential for business, travel, and more. Ensure a smooth journey by applying through the designated channels. Explore Egypt's wonders with the right documentation.

Maxwell said...

It's wonderful that you're willing to share these with us. I'm enthusiastic about joining the event in the future, as this topic resonates with me. 9 Indian Beaches awarded the Blue Flag

Maxwell said...

I must emphasize how truly wonderful this post is. It has left me feeling deeply grateful, and I want to express my heartfelt thanks for the exceptional content you've shared. Here is the important news Cambodia evisa. Are you excited to know more about it? I am sharing this here because everyone benefits from it.

Turkey Digital Nomad Visa said...

Your blog offers a mesmerizing sojourn into the universe of knowledge. The artful melding of information and storytelling is undeniably enthralling. Each post is a delightful discovery. Can't wait for more of your illuminating content!"

Saudi Arabian Investor Visa said...

I'm thoroughly impressed with your writing! This paragraph is an absolute masterpiece, and I can't wait to dive into more posts that maintain this incredible level of quality. Stay informed about the most recent Saudi Arabian Investor Visa developments. This visa program was designed to attract foreign investors and entrepreneurs to invest in the country and contribute to its economic growth.

Indian visa for UK citizens price said...

"Your blog is a true masterpiece in the digital sphere! Your captivating writing style and deep insights never fail to impress me. It's evident that you pour your heart and soul into each and every post, making them truly special. Thank you for sharing your unique viewpoint with us—it's an honor to be a part of your online community!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP