Steph's Pick | Salmon Patties

Apr 15, 2011

Everyone has a few "go-to" recipes, right? You know the ones that you generally have everything on hand in your pantry and don't have to consult a recipe for the ingredients?


In our home one of our go-to recipes is Salmon Patties.

When I first moved out to AZ I lived with my aunt Jane and uncle Tom. Thankfully my aunt is a great cook and was willing to let me sit under her wing in the kitchen and take notes while she cooked. Prior to this, I had lived 4 years in the dorms and spent very little time and/or energy cooking...so I was an eager student.

Salmon Patties was one of the recipes she made. Now I'll admit - I was a little skeptical as canned fish just sounded a little shaddy. Right?! Well, I'm pleased to tell you that this is by far one of the easiest and yummiest tasting options to add fish into your weekly menu. We have these probably a couple times a month with steamed broccoli and gnocchi. Mmm, Mmm.....

Salmon Patties

Ingredients:
1 can canned salmon (I prefer Trader Joe's - no bones & skin or Costco's canned salmon)
1 egg
1 Tbsp minced onion
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 Tbsp olive oil

Directions
Drain and reserve liquid from salmon. Mix egg, onion, dill weed, garlic salt, mustard, bread crumbs and salmon together. Make into patties (2 large patties per can or 4 small patties). If mixture is too dry to form into patties, add reserved liquid from salmon.
In frying pan, heat olive oil. Place patties in pan. Brown on each side, turning gently. Drain on paper towels and serve.

** Note: Make sure to buy the canned salmon that is boneless and skinless. Or else you'll have quite the mess :)

Bon appetit!


3 comments:

B + A said...

Yum- gonna have to try this one. We love salmon in our house!

Lauren said...

My mom has been making this ever since we were little, except somehow my sister and I always called them "meat cookies". So now in our house whenever I make them, we have "meat cookies" for dinner. So easy and so delicious!

nick&abby said...

I have made these a ton since you were here! Thanks for introducinig us ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP