Steph's Pick - Taco in a Bag

Jan 16, 2009

Since moving to AZ, I quickly realized that we were not in the Midwest anymore. So many things I would say would cause a confused reaction by AZ residents. Specifically, I've always been accustomed to buying taco-in-a-bag at sporting activities. It is such a great alternative to the standard hotdog or burger. However, Taco-in-a-bags are no where to be found here! And no one has even heard of them. So I'm slowing introducing this great idea to friends here in the Valley and I thought it was about time to include it as my "Steph's Pick."
Now for those of you readers who cook very little - don't be scared away - this is one of the easiest things you can possibly make. It's a great meal for on-the-go (picnic or camping) or during times when you want to make something with little clean-up.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
4 (2.5 ounce) packages Doritos (my favorite) or Fritos
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 chopped fresh tomato
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream

DIRECTIONS
Place ground beef in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned. Drain excess oil. Mix in the taco seasoning and prepare according to the directions on the package. With the bags unopened, gently crush the corn chips. Snip the corners off the bags using scissors and slit open the bags along the side edge. Spoon equal amounts of the beef mixture, lettuce, tomato, Cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream into the bags on top of the crushed chips. Serve in the bag and eat using a fork.

3 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

oh walking tacos ... something I had never heard of until I came to Iowa, but I must say they are delicious! I am glad you are bringing the midwest to other parts of the country :)

nealy said...

Yum I love those. You always have such random great ideas for Steph's Pick!

B + A said...

Haha! Funny post! I think there was a typo..."these are great when you want something easy...or are craving nacho doritos!!" New craving...chicken finger salads...I expect it to be a Steph's pick next month :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP