the great climb

Feb 29, 2008


This past weekend we went Rock Climbing at AZ on the Rocks to celebrate our great friend, Chris Lindblade's birthday. Nick, Alan's brother, joined us as well because he was in town. It proved to be a ton of fun!

Now I couldn't help but think of a few "life lessons" throughout our time at the rock gym. (what did you expect? I'm always thinking about random stuff) Specifically one of the things that I noticed were the colored tape routes throughout the gym. Each color gradually guiding you to the top of the wall. Although you certainly did not have to take only one color route, it was a sure way to meet your goal of climbing to the top.

Practically speaking, you can think of reaching the top of the climbing wall as a specific goal in your life - or even your life in general. How incredible is it to think that in essence, the great Creator of this universe has chosen, before time began, a colored route for your life. He knows everything about me. He knows "when I sit and when I rise." Ps 139:2. And as it reads in Jeremiah 29:11,"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Although this passage may be up for theological debate, the basic lesson behind it is most certainly true - God is our sovereign guide.

So with that understanding, I keep climbing this wall called "life" - just one step at a time, following this great path laid out before me. Lord, guide us to the top with passion & endurance!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP