a library's best kept secret

Feb 15, 2008

Alan and I visit our local public library on a bi-weekly basis and have found it to be a great resource. However, recently I came across a great article in the AZ Republic highlighting some other perks to having a library card. In short the article highlights that the Phoenix Metro Library system provides their card holders free access to growing numbers of costly subscription-only Internet databases. Now some of you may think this really isn't all that exciting - but hear me out. Just by having a library card I can access websites such as Rosetta Stone (where I can learn a foreign language), Consumer Reports (normally at $26/ year subscription) or various medical sites for any medical concerns one may have. And that's just hitting the tip of the iceberg!! And the best part is that it's FREE!!! You have to check it out - even if you don't live in the Phoenix area, your public library may have a similar program.


The full article can be found at: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1203freedata1203.html.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should write for Real Simple...this is write up their alley (pun intended!) :) I have a large fine at my library, so I'm out of luck on that one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP