Jan 7, 2008


Alright - I have to be honest. I have never loved anything about rain. I guess maybe if I stay inside all day and get to stay in my PJ's and watch movies all day - then I wouldn't mind it so much. But who actually gets to do that? Instead I have to find my umbrella (which since moving to AZ has become virtually impossible to find), walk out in the cold rain, splash water on my pants and just feel miserable the rest of the day. Not to mention my hair gets extremely frizzy. Rain, ugh!!!

However, today as I sit and stare outside as the rain falls down from the heavens, I'm quickly reminded of the symbolization that rain is for my life. It reminds me of just how great or God, the Creator of this universe, is to me on multiple levels. First, He is my provider and supplier. Like David says in Psalm 147:8, "He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills," He made and causes each drop of rain to fall to this earth to provide for that which He created long ago! How incredible is that!

Not only this, but just as the rain refreshes the grass on this earth, His Spirit refreshes my soul. Just like rain falling to this earth, He indeed rains down the Holy Spirit on me to refresh, replenish and nurture my soul! And I know I need that in my life. I would be nothing without the power of the Spirit of the Lord upon me.

So - just as some parts of this life are rather uncomfortable - I pray that even in my lack of comfort as the rain falls today I might be quickly reminded of the Greatness of our God. Here's to the Creator of the phenomenon rain.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

greg & amy said...

we know alllllllll about rain this year. Esp since our umbrellas got stolen out of our backpack last month.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP