Steph's Pick - My Goodreads

Aug 29, 2008

Summer is such a great time to bury your nose in a book. Especially in AZ where it's almost too hot to spend time outside. I often find myself reading through a book a week b/c I'm so captivated by the characters. This summer I've read some "goodreads" and thought I'd highlight my Top 5 Reads of the Summer. In no particular order...

1. Shopoholic Series by Sophie Kinsella - great light-hearted chic-flicks.
2. The Birth Order Book by Kevin Leman - super intrueing book! Very informative on how birth order affects you and those you love.
3. Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Baby Proof by Emily Giffin - again, great girlie books! (Note: certainly not Christian books, but still very good reads)
4. Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore - a new study by Beth Moore - very challenging - loved it!
5. Freakonomics by Steven Levitt - interesting read for something different

If you want to check out other books I've read, go to
http://www.goodreads.com/. It's a great tool to document what you've read and how you would rate each book. I'm generally one who likes to read things people have recommended to me and with goodreads.com you can do just that. Anytime I need a new book, I go to my friends' goodreads pages to see which books they've rated highly.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those books sound great! I read the Birth Order Book a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. I'll have to check out some of the other ones inbetween reading Vince Flynn books!

The Massons said...

i love kevin leman! he wrote a book called "What a difference a Daddy Makes" We'd both recommend it for any future Daddy of girls :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP