Cherry Almond Chicken Salad

Apr 12, 2014

Last summer we spent a few days with our dear friends at their parent's lake home in Iowa.  Not only was our time together food for my soul but my friend, Nealy, made some of the most amazing food for our bellies. It never ceases to amazing me how so many of my favorite memories are made around the table.

One of the recipes she made for lunch is below. It's perfect for a spring/summer lunch or an easy light dinner option.

Enjoy!

Cherry Almond Chicken Salad

Ingredients
4 Chicken Breasts
1 cup Rotini Pasta, cooked
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup whole almonds
1/2 bunch green onions, finely chopped
Celery, chopped (optional)
Brianna's Poppyseed dressing
1/3 cup mayo

Directions
Season chicken with salt & pepper.  Bake (or grill) and dice chicken.  Combine ingredients and serve over leaves of lettuce.  I like to serve it with tortilla chips.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Steph, how much do the salad dressing do you put on this? Is it just to taste per person? Or do you combine an arbitrary amount with everything? Can't wait to eat this!

Anonymous said...

Waww.... its my favorite food and now my mouth is watering. i will defiantly try this recipe in my home. Thank you so much for the share and i like to share it in my website too.

Unknown said...

Sounds so YUMM!!

Thank you for sharing!!

XO,
Milena

MJM daily

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP