Steph's Pick - Top 5 Grocery items

Jul 4, 2008

I often catch myself talking about the new food item I purchased at our local grocery store with my good friends. I have to laugh at least a bit about it b/c it really does indicate some level of "adulthood" in my mind. I never would have imagined myself being eager to head to the supermarket for one item because a friend had just raved about it the night before. :) But that's where I have found myself for at least the past three years. In light of this, I thought I'd post my Top 5 items for the following stores: Trader Joe's, Costco & Fresh & Easy.

1) Strawberry Lemonade - a great beverage for the hot summer months
2) Frozen Green Beans - I always have a package of these in our freezer. They taste so similar to fresh green beans.
3) Red Licorice - I have to admit, I'm not much of a licorice person. But once I tried these I knew I had to always have a pack of them in our pantry at all times. They are super scrumptious!!! YUM.
4) Cinnamon & Sugar Pita Chips
5) Trail Mix (any kind) - TJ has great options for trail mix. We love to keep a bag of this in our pantry for yummy snacking.

1) Frozen Tilapia Fillets - we always keep some of these in our freezer. They taste so fresh and are a great way to incorporate fish into our meal plans.
2) Fruit Leathers - you can always get these at your local grocery store, but Costco sells them in bulk for about half the price/piece
3) Spinach & Artichoke dip - great to have for unexpected visitors & for guys to munch on while watching the "big game"
4) Fresh Flowers - they have a great selection at an awesome price. I like to have fresh flowers in our home at all times to freshen it up a bit
5) Kirkland Laundry Detergent - rated #1 in Consumer Reports
1) Fig Spread - thanks for some of our friends in NY who introduced us to this, we always have some in our fridge
2) Roasted Tomatoes - can be found near the cheeses - great for appetizers, pasta dishes or to just eat on their own
3) Goat Cheese with Herbs
4) Lemon Sorbet
5) Pretzel Chips - not exactly sure of the name, but essentially they are pretzels baked into more of a chip shape - so good!

These are just a few things these great stores have to offer. What are some of your favorite items?



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP